Tuesday, May 24, 2005

6thWeek(23/05/05-29/05/05)Injection6 and sleepy me

Yesterday I did the 6th injection. I did it very smoothly. Usually I have a bath and do the evening prayer. After saying my prayers I put every necessary things on the table like bin, injection and tissues ext. Then before I sit on the chair to prepare the injection I wash my hands with antibacterial soap. Half an hour before I had paracetamol tablet. I felt normal after the injection but in the morning I felt heavy headed and sleepy. So after the breakfast and rivb. tablets I fell asleep for an hour. But that's not enough I still feel sleepy.I hope I sleep well tonight.

last week most of the days were normal. But one day was not the normal because I could not eat any thing. I was not in the mood to eat any thing. I just managed to eat some vegetable and chicken soap. Thank God I was alright for the rest of the days. On the right side of my tongue I got blisters keep coming and going so it puts me off eating. I do not know how to deal with this problem?

On Sunday I went with my family to trafalgar squar.when I tried to get up near the high statue, I felt my heart is beating very fast.Soon I got down and had a rest on a seat.

4 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger MartinB said...

Hi Ijaz,
You will get better results if you take paracetamol about two hours after your injection, not before. The injection effects usually start 3-5 hours afterwards, so taking the paracetamol two hours after gives them time to take effect, and last the longest possible time.
Martin

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Wendy Kay said...

Hi Ijaz,
I had a sore tongue a few weeks after starting treatment too. There is something called 'Rinstead Pastilles' you can get from the chemist. I suck one if my mouth gets sore and that makes it get better fast.
Glad to see you are doing well.
Wendy

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Hi Ijaz,

The blisters on your tongue/in your mouth and a sore tongue may be signs of a fungal infection. Particularly since you've been on antibiotics. Alternatively, it may just be a canker, or something else. In case it is fungal, you might wish to speak with your physician/nurse about it, as they may be able to give you something to treat it.

Re: taking the paracetamol 2 hrs after injection - Martin also suggested this to me and it's now the standard way I deal with the injections. It definitely seems to make the onset of the side effects less severe. I continue to take acetaminophen about every 4-6 hours through the night, and sometimes into the next day.

Congratulations on injection #6! Sue

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Punjtun said...

Hi Ron,Martinb, Wendy and Sue,

Thanks for your advice and comments.my sore mouth has nearly gone.and i am feeling ok now.

i wish good luck to you all.

Ijaz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home