Thursday, April 14, 2005

mung beans or mung lentils

Yesterday I was busy in shopping. I went in to a health shop in Ealing. I was looking for mung beans and aduka beans as Jonathan and Wendy are using them and finding them helpful. I was amazed to find out that these beans we call lentils. And we cook them as curry and eat them with boiled rice or bread. So these beans can be bought from an Indian grocery shop cheaper than the health shop.It would not hard for me to eat them because mung beans (lentils) curry with rice is my favorite dish already.

3 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger Wendy Kay said...

Hi Ijaz,
I am convinced that the mung and aduki beans help clean your liver and blood. I stopped eating them for a while and have developed a rash, am back on them now and I'll bet it clears up in a few days, I'll let you know. I wish I could eat curry tho'.
best wishes
Wendy

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger steve said...

Hi Ijaz,
I love curry, any chance you could tell me how to cook them in a curry and what to put them with.
Cheers Steve

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Ijaz, I'm with Steve - love curry. The hotter, the better. Please post your recipe, if you have time!

Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home