Monday, April 18, 2005

Treatment starts 1st week(18/04/05-24/04/05) Injection 1

Today I went to the hospital with my family. I was 13 minutes late. My nurse was very angry about this. She said this is not acceptable. I said sorry the Monday traffics made me become late. Then she quickly wrote down blood tests slips and prescription and said do these things as soon as possible.so we managed to do the things in rush. About 11:15 we came back to the nurse. So finally she told me about injecting myself. Which I already know by reading other blogers. So about 11:30 this mornig she prepared the first injection and she pinched the right side of my tummy and I took the injection from her hand and put the needle inside my tummy keeping it at 90* angle. Then she told me that you will feel shivery and hot after three hours. So we took the the med pack and I drove home safely. And we had snackies with tea. Nothing happened until about 7pm. But after I had my dinner and riv. tablets I felt very shivery and I went to bed under the cover. My wife put the heating on.now the shivering has gone and I am getting hot now. I hope I sleep better at night. I had paracitamol with snack and dinner aswel. My body hurts allover.

4 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Hi Ijaz,

Hope that the first injection reaction improves over the next few hours, that the flu-like feelings stop and that you can get some rest. The reaction to the first shot was definitely the most severe one for me - the shots after that weren't as bad. I hope they improve for you, too.

By the way, thank you so much for the curry recipe. I am going to try it this week!

Sue

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Jonathan Colam said...

Hi Ijaz,

Your nurse sounds a right old bag - okay so you where late doesn't she realise how horribly stressed you were.

I do think it is a shame that some hospitals insist on doing the first injection with the patient. My nurse talked me through the injection and gave me the treatment and sent me home to do it on my own. I was able to time my injection so that it was about 4 hours before I went to bed so I automatically slept through any side effects.

My top tip - don't think of it as week zero think of it as being in week 1, week 1 ends when you do injection 2 at which point you are in week 2. This seems to make much more sense to me than all this week 0 crap and is a much more positive outlook. The other thing I really liked the idea of was Wendy and her marbles.

Hopefully you are feeling a little better today.

Jonathan

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Wendy Kay said...

Hi Ijaz,
I hope that you are feeling better today. I am sure its a relief to finally have started your treatment. I found my reaction to the injection was worse on the first week too. Remember you are not alone. We are all here cheering you on.
Best wshes for an easy ride and a successful outcome.
Wendy

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Punjtun said...

Hi Every one,

Thank you for sharing your feelings with me. i am ok now. my fever has gone and i am feeling positive now and my body doen,t hurt much.

Ijaz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home