Sunday, April 17, 2005

A Trip To London Eye

To day I have been to London eye and the river cruise with my wife, son, brother and sister in law. This idea was mine to go there before the treatment begins. We really enjoyed the height of the London eye and cruising through the Thames river, going under the different bridges with a live commentary about the historic places.we spent nearly a whole day there.

In my last post I mentioned about mung beans curry. Steve and sue like curry. They asked about the recipe. Its very simple. about three mugs of mung beans put in a pan with one tomato chopped small, one table spoon of crushed fresh garlic, one table spoon of fresh crushed ginger, one tea spoon of chilli powder and two or three tea spoon of salt. cover the beans with lots of water and bring to the boil then turn down to simmer until the beans go very soft and look thick in consistency. keep the pan lid on while cooking and keep stirring after a while. in a separate pan put three or four table spoons of butter or oil. and put one table spoon of crushed garlic. Cook it until golden brown and tip it in to the mung beans soup and stir around a bit. Now the mung bean curry is ready to eat with boiled rice or bread.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Jonathan Colam said...

Hello Ijaz

Glad to hear you getting out and having some fun. The waiting period is very hard, I found it harder to keep up a normal life in that period than once I started treatment.

The curry recipe sounds yummy, I will give it a go. I have to admit that I haven't actually had any mung beans for a couple of weeks now.

Jonathan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home