Saturday, April 22, 2006

6 Months post treatment PCR Test Results

On Thursday 2oth April I saw my consultant Prof. Thomas. He is a very busy person. That was my third visit to the hospital to see Dr. Thomas. First time I saw Dr. Thomas In Sep. 2004 and second time in April 2005. My wife was with me. After a while Dr. Thomas called us in. There was two folder in front of him stacking one on the other. He opened the top folder and started reading the folder. After a while he put the folder on his table and started ringing some one. My heart started beating very fast and it was faster when I managed to read some words from the folder that was "Hep. C +" and than I was believing that the virus has come back. I was feeling very low and sad but inside me some where I was feeling a strong blessing of God and I was saying in my heart that I am happy with you Oh, God what ever the result is?

But soon it was revealed that The Prof. Had opened a wrong old folder when he told me that I got Genotype 3a and I need 6month treatment for this and than my wife told him that I had my treatment already. Then the Prof. said Oh, "I am sorry some one put your old folder on the top, one time that old folder was lost and when some one fond it, it was placed on the top of the current folder". (I think the reason Prof. could not recognized me because that was only third appointment with him and it was more than one year after the last appointment.)

Then he opened my current folder and told me the good news that it is still undetectable!!!!!!. On that I took a deep breath and thanked God.

Then Prof. told me that there is no need to see you again, but when I asked him that some time I still feel pain in my liver area. He explained me very nicely that if you got lots of scaring on your liver it will take time to heal and you will feel pain in your liver area. If the liver damage is 6/6 it called cirrhosis it will not be repaired. But in your case your liver damage is 5/6 and it will heal but it will take time. Then he told me that there is a new scan trial in progress to find out liver damage without a liver biopsy. Then he put me for a ultra sound scan and told me that they might put me forward for a new trial scan. I agreed with him. Now I have got an appointment for ultra sound scan on 3rd of July 2006 and an appointment with Prof. Thomas on 19th of April 2007.

I am very thankful to God for good results. and I want to say a special thanks for every one who prayed for me, God bless you all. Now I am able to say that the virus has been killed......, crushed......, defeated....., vanished...... and disappeared....... with the grace of God and with the prayers of you all.

Finally I came out of the hospital and I had to buy a Paddington bear at the Paddington Railway Station for my wife to fulfill my promise that I will buy that paddington bear for her if I got last results undetectable and She was very happy ,I am happy and I pray for every one for there happy news and happy endings..........

8 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Blogger Punjtun said...

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your prayers and good wishes.
i pray for your good health and success in your life.

all the best
Ijaz

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Wendy Kay said...

Ijaz,
I just read your post and it made me cry because I'm so happy for you and your family. I am sitting at my desk at work with tears rolling down my face and a big smile on my face. :)
I hope that you will keep on blogging and let us know how your recovery is going. I am very happy for you.
Your friend
Wendy

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger Punjtun said...

Hi Dear Wendy,

Thank you for your very friendly comments. your tears show that we got strong sincere, deep friendly relationship with each other. i realy appreciate that. i will keep in tuch and i will be always thinking of you.

with best wishes.
Your Friend
Ijaz

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger carol said...

Hi Ijaz,

Great news very pleased for you and your family.
Love the story about Paddington Bear.

Take care,

Carol and Martin

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Dear Ijaz,

Congratulations on your negative pcr results! I am so very happy for you and your family. How wonderful that your prayers were answered.

I hope that you will continue to blog and let us know how you are doing. All best wishes,
Sue

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Punjtun said...

Hi Carol, Martin and Sue,

Thank you for your comments. i will keep in tuch. i will be parying for you in my prayers.

with best wishes.
Ijaz

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger lu said...

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I am thrilled for you! I hope you are enjoying your new freedom!!
All the best thoughts and wishes to you Ijaz
Lu

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Punjtun said...

Hi Lu,
Thank you for your comments i hope you are enjoying your life.
all the best.
Ijaz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home